- About Nathalie Janssen
I worked in Banking in Luxembourg for over 16 years. This has taught me the importance to focus on customer service and to constantly develop and learn new skills.
Although I volunteered in a few shelters and trained my dog as a therapy dog to visit nursing homes, my dream to professionally pursue my childhood passion for dogs, steadily grew over the last few years.
It was not until I read an article about a canine physiotherapist, that I knew I had found my professional calling in life! In addition, I am an avid – albeit very middle of the pack – runner, and as such have had my fair share of experience with physiotherapy myself.
When I heard of animal physiotherapy, I knew this was exactly what I wanted to do, as it would allow me to combine my love for dogs with my interest in physical therapy. This feeling was increased as my own dog, Jake, getting older, developed osteoarthritis. I wanted to find a way to keep him as active as possible and enjoying his daily walks and play sessions.
As such, I decided to completely overhaul my life: I started a postgraduate training in Animal Physiotherapy at The College of Animal Physiotherapy, located close to Oxford, U.K., from which I graduated from with Distinction, and consequently quit my job. I am an IAAT (International Association of Animal Therapists) and ASSVAP (Association for the Scientific Study of Veterinary and Animal Physiotherapy) member. I have since also certified as a Canine Massage and Sports Massage Therapist and am a Certified Canine Fitness Therapist (CCFT) from the University of Tennessee
So here I am with Fitdog, wishing that animal physiotherapy will bring as much good to you and your pet’s life as it has brought me so far! Hope to see you soon with your beloved pooch!
I am committed to providing the best care possible and therefore am actively attending the latest available seminars and training courses in Europe.
My services are only animal physiotherapy and I do not perform any veterinary treatment and diagnosis. For this I kindly ask you to visit your own veterinarian.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- 2012-2014 Degree in Animal Physiotherapy with Distinction – TCAP UK
- 07/2014 Canine First Aid – TCAP UK
- 05/2015 Kinesiology Taping for Dogs – Maia Medical Saarbrücken
- 05/2015 Dorn Therapy and Breuss Massage for Dogs – S. Schmitt Cologne
- 06/2015 Tellington TTouch – G. Maue Zweibrücken
- 08-11/2015 Canine Sports Massage Therapist Degree – TCAP UK
- 09/2016 Advanced Hydrotherapy Treadmill for Small Animals – Hawksmoor UK
- 12/2016 Certified Canine Fitness Trainer – CCFT – University of Tennessee
- 06/2017 Vetfest UK (Fitzpatrick Referrals)
- 07/2017 Myofascial Release – Jo Rose, UK